Brambleten's Tour of Gotham - Part One: Blister Packs, Pre-Orders and Slow Starts.

Over the last few days, I've joined Arkham City Limits and the Marvel/Superhero Miniatures + Gaming groups on Facebook. This as given me a massive boost to my Knight Models mojo so to keep it going, here I am writing a blog.

I picked up my first Knight Models figures mid last year, getting the Green Arrow, Wolverine and Iron Man. Since then I've added a load more models but so far am yet to read any of the rules for the Batman Miniature Game.

For those that don't know, Knight Models have the license to produce miniatures based on both Marvel and DC properties. They used to have the license to produce Star Wars miniatures but that ran out a while ago. With that in mind, they have developed the Batman Miniature Game, which is a skirmish game based, as you might have guessed, around the Dark Knight himself, other characters and generic cops, mobsters and henchmen. The aspect that I like about it at the moment is that there are no miniatures with massive super powers at the moment. Sure you have the likes of Bane who is pumped through of venom and the Black Canary who has her Canary Cry but the likes of Superman, Wonder Woman and Flash don't have any rules.

Beyond that, I've not actually read any of the rules, despite them being available for free here on the Knight Models website. These are the 1.3 Edition rules, but in February a hardback 2nd edition rule book is being released, which is one of the main factors that brought my interest back. So naturally, I decided to pre-order one to get my hands on the Alfred Pennyworth model that comes with it. There is also a Joker version available from the Knight website which comes with a limited run Red Hood Joker.

Before I get carried away with DC, a few words on the Marvel range. Everything is based on comic properties rather than the Marvel Cinematic Universe. As said above, I picked up Iron Man and Wolverine to begin with and they are currently work in progress, so you'll see them when they are finished. Since then I've picked up a few more but they are currently in their blisters, which can be seen below.


Alongside these four, I also have two of the newer releases - Daredevil and Elektra - on order. They were released last month I believe but as I ordered them with the BMG rule book, they won't be turning up until February.

Now we can get into the DC stuff. While I was vaguely aware of the gang system, that some miniatures could work with some but not others up to this point I've ignored it and gone for the shiny things. 

First up I have a group that I have put together based around the characters of the Arrow tv show - Black Canary, Speedy(Aka Red Arrow/Arsenal), Huntress and The Flash. As I said above, there are no rules for The Flash yet but I felt he belonged with that group of miniatures thanks to the links between Arrow and The Flash on TV. Soon to join this party is the Stephen Amell version of Arrow.


Next are the League of Shadows/Assassins. Again, I started out going for these due to Arrow, but I also like Liam Neeson a lot (who doesn't?) as well as Stana Katic, who voiced Talia Al Ghul in Arkham City. The third Al Ghul will be on her way soon, with Nyssa, based on Katrina Law, in the same order as the rule book.


Finally comes everything else. Deadshot and Deathstroke both found their way into my collection thanks, again, to Arrow. This is the second version of Deathstroke I believe, which looks more like the Manu Bennett version than the first version did. Also in there is the Arkham City Catwoman. Soon to join the part are the Red Hood, a Batman (there are multiple variants) and Swamp Thing. I only really went for Swamp Thing as I noticed that despite him being the same price as the normal sized characters on Element Games, his retail price is actually that of one of the mid scale characters. With that in mind I figured why not?



So that is where I am at the moment - no idea of the rules, a load of miniatures not out of their packaging yet and yet more on order. I'll update further when something gets finished or more stuff turns up :)

Post a Comment