Brambleten's Tour of Gotham - Part 4: Deadshot 3/50

Floyd Lawton, AKA Deadshot, is one of the better mercenaries in the DC Universe, probably a few steps behind Deathstroke, but not much. An assassin that favours ranged weaponry, he is often a member of the Suicide Squad, or Task Force X.


This particular Lawton is the Arkham Origins version, which is currently the only Deadshot available in BMG (I'd quite like to see the Arrow version, but there are plenty of other characters that more people would like to see first).

A quick breakdown - he's white metal model that comes in 2 pieces - body and head - and I've put him on a West Wind Productions resin base. I've painted him up using a mix of paint ranges - Citadel, P3, Scale Color and then Vallejo varnishes.




Deadshot is the third model I've finished this year, and the first that was also started this year, hence taking a little longer. I'm happiest with the red jacket, probably least happy with the metals, despite using the Scale Color Steel Series on them - the area of them just felt too small to be able to give them the full workings from dark to light. 

Here are some of the other things he is:

  • An entry into Wamped V, Wamp's annual anything goes painting comp. The deadline was yesterday but Supporters (which I am) get an extra week.
  • One of the five models I need to paint for the Arkham City Limits painting contest, which closes at the end of March,
  • As stated above, my third finished model of the year, taking me to 3 of the 50 I need to beat last year's total.
  • Finally, he is a miniature finished during February, so can be my OMAM (One Miniature A Month) entry for this month :)

Post a Comment