Warhammer The End Times, the rumors and my Plans

When I decided to start painting and playing again, my thoughts headed right back to where my love for the hobby started when I was thirteen Warhammer Fantasy. That is when things got interesting when a friend told me about the End Times and when I read some of the horrors some think that will happen to Warhammer Fantasy.

   Image result for warhammer end times



Now I decided that this time I would like to be up to date with the information about the lore of the game I am playing and not feel like the only English speaking person in the room when people around me start talking about these things so with that in mind, I took the decision to read the books in the series and asked around what order and was told that it did not really matter so I started with.

The Fall of Altdorf (eBook) 

Which I finished today and have to say was a great read and left more questions than answers, but I don't wish to go too far into the story for spoiler reasons so I thought that the synopsis would serfice.

"The End Times are coming. With the hordes of Chaos marshalling in the north, Emperor Karl Franz leads his armies in defence of his realm. But when the worst happens and the Emperor is lost, it falls to Reiksmarshal Kurt Helborg to return to Altdorf, capital of the Empire, and prepare to meet the forces of the Ruinous Powers in a final battle for that ancient city. As plague spreads and the defences weaken, all seems lost, until help arrives from a most unexpected source... if Helborg can bring himself to accept it"

Now that I am slowly starting to learn what is going to happen to the world and the game I do intend on playing that is when I looked into the rumors that are working their way around the net and as these are rumors we have to take them with a pinch of salt. 

In brief they are.


Factions :


1) Chaos : Demons + Beasts + Mortals
2) Elves
3) Empire
4) Undead
5) Orcs and Goblins
6) Skavens 



Lizards are gone in space.
Dwarves survivors join the empire with the ogres.



1) Chaos core : Warriors of chaos/chariot/Hounds
Demons figs will be kept as they are usable in 40k
Bye bye marauders, ungors, centigors, razorgor etc



2) Elves core : spearmen/archers/cavalry on horse
No more xbows
the 3 elves will blend in one faction
dark elves monsters are gone : cold ones, hydra



3) Empire core: Hallberds/Handgun/Canon
Some dwarves survivors and ogres are included
Imperial and bretonnian knights are merged



4) Undead core : Skeletons/Ghouls/Spirit host
bye bye bone giant, scorpion sphinx, chariots and everything too much egyptian



5) Orcs and goblins core : Goblins/Orcs/Black orcs
no real change for them



6) Skaven core : Clanrats/Plague rats/Rat ogres
no real change for them too 

Full discussion can be seen Here

So with this....... No words really could describe it other then a huge step back, but again, these are just rumors, although if you look around the online retailers they are offering Warhammer at a discounted price and whether that is a last hope to rid themselves of toxic stock I don't know.

Now we get to what I am planning on after hearing and talking and reading about the End times and rumors the first thing was to not get anything until the 9th edition comes out. Second would be which army I would play and that one was a hard one seeing as there is a lot of  uncertainty of what would be available and there were only ever two options as far as this was concerned Lizard men and Chaos. Lizard Men were my first army when I started manly because they are dinosaurs and when you are thirteen they are still fun Lol. And Chaos had been something I have liked over the years. But seeing that the Lizard men may or may not exist in the future, then I am leaning towards Chaos.

If anyone would like to try and sway me away from Chaos and on to anyone race they are more than welcome to leave and comment or if there is new rumors then please say.


Post a Comment