Painting on the Go!

Image result for painting on the go

One of the best things to do when it comes to miniature painting is painting with others.......
There are a few reasons why this is a good thing to do and they are

1. If you are in a full time job and also have a family or just spend a lot of time painting it can get very lonely and just getting out and talking to people will do wonders.

2. You are able to get tips and advice from people as you are doing it and you don't have to wait for people to see your poor picture on a forum.

3. It gets you out and about and if you are into painting you can find you spend hours in the same place and not getting out much.

Now you might be thinking that yes, this sounds like a good idea and you might ring your other painter friends and a range to meet up, but then you will come across the issue I did when I started taking lessons.

The issue: how to transport your stuff safely and easily!!

After my first lesson with lots of different bags I realized that I needed to do something about it and started to look for something and you know what I found....!!!

NOTHING!

There is not an all in one miniature painters travel bag there are two things I found out there made for us but it did not go far enough they are.

And


But they both had their issues for me the top one is mainly for paint and has little space for other things. And the battle foam P3 bag is made only for P3 paints and tools

What I was looking for is something that could take everything that I need to paint with. So I had to look a little further and use something that was not made for what I planed to use it for (a huge pet peeve of mine!!) 

And I came up with this 


The Iron Kingdom messenger bag by battle foam.

Here is a run down of what I take and how it looks

Paints




Wet palette 



Hair dryer


Paper towel


Water Cup for brushes. 



Palettes and miniature holder


As well as the miniatures I plan to paint as well as my brushes.

And here is how the bag looks with all my stuff ready for painting.

The main stuff in the main section of the bag.


My palettes, mini holder and water cup in the small pocket.


Miniatures in the miniature section there is a custom foam one as well for larger stuff.


My notebook and pen in the open section. 


And my Brushes in the Zip pocket wile I wait for a box from Pk-pro. 


All in all this is a good bag for taking your stuff to paint elsewhere.

With only one last thing to make it perfect.


What do you all think and how do you transport your stuff around?





1 comment:

  1. I'm really liking my MV paint box. Learned some new curse words building it (the cover is a two person job), but now it's got all kinds of wood burning done and some nice staining. We'll see how it holds up as the summer goes by...Also, i 'll have a post next month on how i did the wood burning and staining :)

    ReplyDelete