Smile while I paint your Face!

Image result for Painting faces



This is something that I have never done before and at some point I knew that I would have to paint Faces, and also lets "face it" that is what my last lesson was about.

Like with all of the things I am doing I am not going to explain them because let's face it, even I, am shocked I am able to tie my own shoe laces sometimes and also there are more than enough tutorials out there that would be able to explain it better.

 First off I was asked do I have any faces to paint and then I thought about it and no that is the one thing I am lacking and when you think about it there are not many faces in Warhammer mainly because I only have Orcs, LOTR,  Skaven, Choas warriors and so on then I looked for just heads and there was hardly any so I sent off a text and was given a site I had never heard of and was shocked so much by it its like the UK version of Screw fix for Miniature painting any part you could think of. 

So I got my Practice Head/faces and headed off to my lesson (pun intended)




A Little about the heads they are 120mm nice and big but not to big and amazing quality.
If you would like to know the site leave a comment.

These are the Heads from the lesson 






These are the Heads from me having ago in my office.

(You may see the same head twice if you do it is not a duplicate pic it will be the same head striped and redone due to the fact I only have so many.) 










So far I have learnt it is Hard to do faces also even harder to take a good pic of it it skin tones are not my friend!

But this is the first time I have ever tried it so I was not expecting anything. Like they say Rome wasn't built in a painting lesson or something. 


2 comments:

  1. There are some simple tricks to it and here is a quick one from Blood As Medium over on CMON:

    http://www.coolminiornot.com/forums/showthread.php?54007-Khonner-s-WIP/page28&highlight=painting+faces

    Hope that helps a bit!

    Also paint eyes first so you can clean up around them later. It's always easier to paint details from inside out even if it means having to be careful around them later ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I understand the the Eye thing and when painting a full face I will do. I will have to look at that thanks!

    ReplyDelete