Working on Airbrushing.

Image result for Airbrush



As a lot of you all know I have had more issues with Airbrushing than a paper boat trying to stay afloat. But if we just give up when things get hard how are we meant to learn anyting

So I took my Airbrush and compressor in hand and headed to a lesson with John Harrison so he could show me what I was doing wrong and oh was I doing things wrong.

   There was one Major issue I was having with the Airbrush and that was the Paint seemed to stop and start and splatter so we cleaned it and tried again nothing.... So John said it could be the paint stuck in the nozzle but because I did not have my spanner on me we were not able to check then by chance he looked at the compressor and noticed that my psi was lets say a little more than it should be (4 bars instead of 2) so we turned it all off let it cool down and adjust the Psi and fired it up and what you know it worked like a dream!



Because I did not take my camera with me, I was unable to take pics of the process so when I got home, I continued the practice as well as take pics I am sure most of you know how to do this but this is for the people who don't.

Start of my boxing off your area with masking tape (pun intended) for this one I will be doing orange and Blue lines.
  

Then base coat with the lighter of the two colors it will help in the second stage.


Then start to add the highlights to the top corner.


Then from there add the shadow in the opposite corner.


Now that this part is complete it's time to head over to the next color first you need to put strips of masking tape to make the lines then base coat the second color.  


Again highlights.


And shadows.


Then the BEST part. Take the masking tape off and see the effects together. 


And here it is fished to show there was a little bleed of the blue into the orange but apart from that it came out nice.


Another one I done using green and red 






2 comments:

  1. Very nice, though push for even more contrast. More more more!

    The funny thing about airbrushes, psi, and paints...is there is always a right setting...for your exact situation. You can't ever tell someone, oh set to 20 psi with 3 drops of thinner, etc etc. The humidity, environment, type of brush, type of compressor, type of paint...all play a factor! Experimenting is the best way to find what works best!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes I have been finding it hard to figure out that there is no real one way to do something and everyone has their own way to do something and something that works well for one person will never work for another.

    And as for contrast its something i can push more i need to get over it and go for it!!

    ReplyDelete