A tale of four Orcs

Image result for A tale of four Orcs


 I came to the decision that I should retire some of the practice models I have been using and also it's nice to see something other than parts of the model and to see how everything I have been working on when it is all put together.


These are the four who were shortlisted for Early Retirement the first models that I used in my lessons they have taken the name of the orc boys

Something sad happened to the orc boys and before I could retire them to the finished shelf, we lost one to a Noobish mistake. If you have been following my stuff you might be thinking "what has he done now I can't wait to read this!"  

Well, I lost the Orc during the stripping process because I used nail polish which I read somewhere is good and Yes it is But it melts plastic!!




Now I am not sure if the expression on the faces of the other Orcs is not aimed at me for what I did to their friend. But like the saying goes the show must go on.

I began by laying down the basic colors with some highlights. 



Then working in some of the shadows.






Then evened it all out with some glazes and began work on the Skin.










And here it is finished.








I took the plunge and added this to coolminiornot, so please head over and vote.


3 comments:

  1. Simple green sir. Simple green is best for stripping plastic or resin minis.Foaming oven cleaner is best for metal minis. Nail polish remover is great for smoothing out GS work. It can remove finger prints and other small blemishes you might find in your dried gs work. Brush it on and wipe it off with a soft bristled brush a you get a nice smooth finish. Rinse the mini well after to remove any left over acetone.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice mini!

    I personally use pure isopropyl alcohol (the main ingredient in dettol, which can also be used) for stripping both plastic and metal (not tried it on resin yet but I've heard it's fine).

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am planing on getting Pure Isopropyl soon infact.

    ReplyDelete