On The Desk - Renaissance Assassin Part 2


Welcome back to my journey with the Renaissance Assassin from Fantastic Miniatures. As I mentioned last time I decided to start with the base first to mix things up (I usually make and paint the base after the mini is mostly complete) I loaded up some of the older Assassin's Creed games for inspiration, just walking around taking pictures.

My first idea was having the assassin walking on a marble floor. The photos below being the kind of thing I was thinking of.


I decided it was too simple, I wanted to try something elaborate. One of the signature images of the Assassin's Creed games for me is Ezio (or one of the others) standing on a rooftop looking out at the city below, in fact this shot I found shows just that!


I took some more shots of different architecture around the city to help use as references.


I like the idea of having the building facade (or front if you haven't spent too much time researching architecture :P like I apparently have) with Ezio on a wooden beam looking at his target below.

I started out using some thick plasticard to create a rigid back piece for the building facade. I then cut a piece of corkboard to thicken it up.


I had some plastic beams in my bits box that, once cut to size, were perfect for edge of the roof. I used some more plasticard to add some interest underneath.


Some spare sprue (always keep your spare sprue, such a useful building material) was shaped into more interest on the rear of the fascia.


More plasticard and more cork tile was used to continue adding to the shape of the facade


I used yet more spare sprue to make a beam for the assassin to stand on, and here is the basic concept finished!



Up next I'm going to try and add stonework to the cork base. I might have to take a break from this project to start another one though as there is a competition starting on the 1st April. It's just a small contest between friends but I'll share my progress on here when I've worked out what I'm actually going to do!

Post a Comment