Fast Evil Colour Schemes: The Test


This week I continue on and try out my fast evil colour scheme..



Last week I sketched out a potential colour scheme for a really fast colour scheme, this week I see if it works on a model! Here are the colours I'm using, for the base:

 And the light source:


First I primed in black and started to add some purple, using wet blending to make smooth subtle transitions across the whole model:

 More purple added and starting to add some grey now:
And even more grey added, with a bit more of a dry brushing action now.
 Now starting to add the first layers of green as a strong OSL base:

 And with more yellow, we're now complete!

An interesting effect I think, it was really fast and I still feel it could work in a large army, but I was slightly dissapointed in the finish, compared to what I'd hoped for.



2 comments:

  1. This is really interesting. I've tried experimenting in similar ways myself - but with things like Zombies. I'll add a link to my Blog article about it below. It seems that using effects like OSL (or in my case a blood spatter) with a limited palette do speed things up a lot and add a sort of dimension to things that you wouldn't achieve as fast any other way.

    http://tabletopapocalypse.blogspot.co.uk/2016/05/how-i-painted-this-in-45-minutes-fpm.html

    For actual armies I did some Necrons using an airbrushed blend as their base colour and then OSL for pretty much everything else with a final Highlight/directed wash after that. It was really fast and worked well, but it depends on the details on the miniature whether you can get away with it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Interesting effect on that plague guy, have you managed to paint any of the rest of the faction to match?

    Necrons I think are ideal for that kind of technique aren't they? Very interesting colour scheme on yours, looks good!

    ReplyDelete