Blood Angels Special Edition 2016 Marine



Carrying on the Blood Angels theme, I finally got round to painting the 2016 Imperial Space Marine. It's been sat on my shelf, undercoated in red for ages. After a brisk dust off I set to work. This isn't any sort of challenge, that is reserved for the next Blood Angel model I paint.

 











This model was surprisingly easy to paint. The edges are all nice and sharp, and it was possible to paint the entire model, even after being fully assembled. I'm still yet to apply decals as I will include this model in my army once it's complete.

To add a little depth, I applied a coat of Nuln Oil to the recesses once the model was complete.

3 comments:

  1. Looking good! Was it a plastic model mate or resin?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ark - I'm pretty sure that's the 30th Birthday plastic Imperial Marine.

    He's a good looking marine, the eye lenses work really nicely against the red.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes its the plastic one from a few months ago. I wanted the green lenses to really stand out. I usually do them black but theres a lot of dark colour on here already.

    ReplyDelete