Blood Angels: Step by Step

This week I take you through some of the stages I went through to producing my unit entry at Golden Demon 2016..



This unit has had a long history! I originally built and started their paint job in 2013/2014 after the UK Golden Demon of 2013. I was super motivated, but only managed to build them then got stuck on painting the red armour. There was just so much of it and it was super time consuming, plus real life.. moving house.. yada.. yada.

They even flew to America with me on a business trip, but even sat in a hotel on my own, I could get much into them.



Eventually I really wanted to get them finished and thought that if I didn't do it now I may never get to it. Unfortunately this really long period meant that some of the red tones are slightly different, particularly noticable against the jump packs which were painted after everything else pretty much. I tried to glaze them to get everything consistant but it's still noticable in the final photos at least..


Gradually progress was made:
 But they seemed to go on forever! At this stage particularly I had a problem, it turned out when i'd built them the axe wielding characters weapon clashed with his jump pack when I came to assemble the models! Disaster!
 In the end the easiest solution was to cut the axe in half and finish the back with greenstuff and sandpaper, really carefully since the model was almost finished at this point! I think I just about got away with it!


You can see the finished models on the blog or on CoolMiniOrNot.

Post a Comment