Can you Hear me now Mother! Pt 1

Image result for sharpe

Some people out there may or may not know about a TV series called Sharpe if not please have a look based off the books by Bernard Cornwell and also the books are very good as well. Ok, you might be wondering why I am talking about TV and books when I am a "miniature painter" well, that's all because one if you know the series/book and if you know Elan13 Miniatures you will know they have a miniature called Can you hear me now mother that is based loosely from Sharpe.

And this will Tie in with my final miniature in the three miniature series by Elan13 miniatures





 Working with the head first.




 For reference I decided to go for this picture and others of his wonderful likeness don't you think.



 working out the lights and shadows  




I then, because I am not really able to finish one thing before moving on to the next, layed down the base for the hat and metallic. On a side not what I like to do because I have a bit of OCD about painting with metallic is have the base coat in a non metallic, but still close to the colour or shadow that way when you add it on to the area you do not have to worry too much about getting into all the area's close to none metallic and there for getting it where it should not be lazy maybe but it has helped me with area's which you don't want shinny because those shiny flecks get in the most annoying places.   


Then added a good old cream colour for the start of the white sweet/sun shield. 




For the Black of the hat I decided to use white for the highlight, but not in a normal way. In the Tv series, there is an episode where they use limescale to blind the french and be able to defeat them so with that in mind, I thought a more stained highlight in white would give a nice weathered look and keeping with the idea of it. Also for the Sharpe buffs out there I know he was not there for it but I liked the idea and look.





For the metal emblem on the front of the hat I went for a silver, but with a brown shadow which I did in none metallic to keep with when, and where he was based in the wars the brown for dirt.


For the white section of the hat thinking about again what it was and where it was used I went for adding some stains on it for sweat and grime.


Now we have the at this point finished head (because when is it really finished)






Come next week and have a look at the body.

Also, all comments are welcome as always.






  




Post a Comment